Health and Dental Coverage

Health and Dental Insurance

We are very fortunate to have one of the best health care systems in Canada.  However, there are some items that are not covered by our health care system such as health and dental coverage.  This may be for things like prescription drugs, dental exams and cleanings etc. and trips to health care practitioners such as Chiropractors, Naturopaths or Registered Massage Therapists.  For these things you can purchase Health and Dental Insurance.

Other items that you may be concerned about is vision care if you wear glasses or contacts and having emergency medical travel coverage if you travel outside of your province or outside of Canada.

You can purchase your own individual health and dental plan as an individual, as a couple or you can purchase a family plan.

There are multiple companies who offer Health and Dental Insurance.  We have listed two of the companies that we deal with that have very competitive rates.  They are Manulife and Sun Life.  Please see their links to their health insurance plans below.

If you are leaving a group plan, with Manulife you have 60 days to apply for coverage under their Follow Me plan.  You don’t have to be leaving a group plan where Manulife was your provider.  You could be leaving a plan with Blue Cross, Sun Life, Great West Life or any other company.  As long as you apply within 60 days of leaving your plan, then you can apply for Follow Me coverage.

Sun Life has a similar program called Health Choice where you can apply for coverage within 60 days of leaving a group plan.

If you have any questions at all regarding leaving your group plan, please email us at the link below:


This entry was posted in General, Insurance and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *